What’s New in the Spring 2012 Release
Note: The spring 2012 release includes enhancements to the DyKnow Monitor and DyKnow Vision
DyKnow Monitor Enhancements
Diagnose and troubleshoot communication issues.
We simplified the ability to troubleshoot connection issues in DyKnow Monitor by adding a diagnostic application to the installer. The application allows teachers to quickly and easily see each student’s:
- User name reported by the Monitor Service
- Current communication settings and whether the student is currently connected to the server
- Connectivity to the Monitor Service and if the student’s device is currently monitored
Send files to specific students and see more details about actions applied.
To make teachers’ lives easier, we’ve added the ability to send or request files from individuals or groups of students. We’ve also enhanced the Monitor dialogs to indicate how many students an action (Attention, Send Files, Request Files, etc.) applies to.
- Save Monitor Chat conversations to a text file for easy record keeping and grading!
- Install URL Filtering after you’ve installed DyKnow Monitor.
- See students by User Name instead of User ID when “taking control” of a student’s machine from another teacher.
- If the Start Monitor button was added to the QAT, it incorrectly remained enabled when the session ended.
- Clarified the message if a student attempted to include an open file when sending files to the Moderator.
DyKnow Vision Enhancements
See which students are actively using DyKnow Vision.
We added a new section to the Viewer which shows a list of students where Dyknow Vision is the top-most window on their computer.
We enhanced several aspects of the functionality in our Panel Management tool!
Panel Management is one of the most popular features in DyKnow Vision and we added some great new capabilities to help make teachers’ lives easier.
- If DyKnow Vision shuts down while students are submitting panels, a temporary notebook containing all of the files will be automatically be saved in the status bar on the My DyKnow screen.
- All submitted panels will now contain a timestamp and a list of workgroup members if students are in groups.
- Teachers can now sort submitted panels by User, Panel Range or Timestamp.
- If a student assigned to a workgroup left and rejoined a session, the Session List did not update with the student’s workgroup number.
- Slide numbers did not correctly update when running in Projector Mode.
- If a PowerPoint slide included a background but nothing else, the background was not visible following conversion to a DyKnow notebook.
- In Session with Follow Me locked, the Find feature incorrectly allowed navigation to other notebook panels.
Administration Console Enhancements
We continue to enhance our free Data Integration Tool (DITO) to help make IT management easier and more efficient.
- You can now use a single import file (enrollments) for multiple import definitions (Users, Classes and Enrollments) by setting a “Disregard Duplicates” property.
- We improved the rejected record view to display a single error with all rejected rows instead of a row for each error. No more scanning through endless lists!
- Mapping lists now include “Teacher” as a default User and Class User Type.