With so many learning technologies available for today’s K-12 educators, it is important to understand what learning technology is worth investing in, how these technologies should be activated in a district, and what the most effective ways to maximize learning technology throughout its lifespan are. We’ve partnered with Jacob Standish, district-level IT Program Manager at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for our upcoming webinar: How To Maximize the Activation of Learning Technology on a District Level.
Jacob’s experience implementing and activating learning technologies across a large district like Charlotte-Mecklenburg lends great insight into the most effective ways to maximize the activation of learning technologies on a district level, with a larger technology team, and maintaining consistency in utilization with teachers.
This won’t be the first time the Dyknow team has worked with Jacob. We have worked with Jacob in various capacities to learn from his expertise in K-12 technology management in the past. His knowledge is so informative that we wanted to share what we’ve learned from previously working with him so that you feel confident joining us this Wednesday, October 9 @ 12:30 PM ET for our webinar.
3 things we learned from Jacob Standish in the past…
1. Charlotte-Mecklenburg uses technology to defeat distractions in the classroom, which makes activating other learning technologies go smoothly.
2. These tactics enabled Jacob to effectively roll out a 1:1 student device program.
3. Managing a large district can be difficult, but it’s important to maintain instructional consistency throughout the district.
Watch Dyknow’s NCTIES 2019 presentation with Jacob Standish on how Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools use technology to defeat student device distractions.
1. What to consider when choosing what learning technologies your district should invest in.
2. How to create an activation process in your district that works for multiple learning technologies and incorporate both technology coaches and teachers.
3. Once activated, how to ensure that learning technologies are being used effectively in the classroom, and evaluating their contribution to overall learning environments.
Learning technology is a huge investment that districts make to support an effective teaching environment. Understanding how to maximize the activation of these technologies is crucial to ensuring their success in adding to learning environments. Learn these tips and more this Wednesday, October 9th @ 12:30 PM ET. We hope to see you there!
Want to maximize the activation of learning technology
in your district?
Latest blog articles
One of the biggest drivers of growth within students in education is student engagement. Educators are searching for ways to enhance student engagement during remote and hybrid learning. Technology has become the number one driver for the success of growth and...
In 2021,1:1 device programs have increased in response to remote learning. The continuation of education is necessary to properly prepare this generation of k-12 students for their lives in the real world. Right now, the continuation of instruction is nearly...
Device usage in K-12 education has been one of the key factors to ensuring the continuation of learning during the pandemic. Schools flocked to devices as a way to provide families with resources to access all materials needed for online learning. Devices have created...