With so many learning technologies available for today’s K-12 educators, it is important to understand what learning technology is worth investing in, how these technologies should be activated in a district, and what the most effective ways to maximize learning technology throughout its lifespan are. We’ve partnered with Jacob Standish, district-level IT Program Manager at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for our upcoming webinar: How To Maximize the Activation of Learning Technology on a District Level.
Jacob’s experience implementing and activating learning technologies across a large district like Charlotte-Mecklenburg lends great insight into the most effective ways to maximize the activation of learning technologies on a district level, with a larger technology team, and maintaining consistency in utilization with teachers.
This won’t be the first time the Dyknow team has worked with Jacob. We have worked with Jacob in various capacities to learn from his expertise in K-12 technology management in the past. His knowledge is so informative that we wanted to share what we’ve learned from previously working with him so that you feel confident joining us this Wednesday, October 9 @ 12:30 PM ET for our webinar.
3 things we learned from Jacob Standish in the past…
1. Charlotte-Mecklenburg uses technology to defeat distractions in the classroom, which makes activating other learning technologies go smoothly.
2. These tactics enabled Jacob to effectively roll out a 1:1 student device program.
3. Managing a large district can be difficult, but it’s important to maintain instructional consistency throughout the district.
Watch Dyknow’s NCTIES 2019 presentation with Jacob Standish on how Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools use technology to defeat student device distractions.
1. What to consider when choosing what learning technologies your district should invest in.
2. How to create an activation process in your district that works for multiple learning technologies and incorporate both technology coaches and teachers.
3. Once activated, how to ensure that learning technologies are being used effectively in the classroom, and evaluating their contribution to overall learning environments.
Learning technology is a huge investment that districts make to support an effective teaching environment. Understanding how to maximize the activation of these technologies is crucial to ensuring their success in adding to learning environments. Learn these tips and more this Wednesday, October 9th @ 12:30 PM ET. We hope to see you there!
Want to maximize the activation of learning technology
in your district?
Latest blog articles
Recently, many teachers are experiencing challenges in their newly structured hybrid classrooms. A hybrid classroom is a classroom style that blends distance learning and in-person learning together. Schools have turned to this alternative to ensure safety measures...
On this episode of Tackling Tech Podcast, powered by Dyknow, Brett McGrath speaks with Debra Jacoby, a Computer Science and Instructional Technologist at Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale. Debra doles out tips and tricks on keeping both the “zoomies” and “roomies”...
During this time of continued remote and hybrid learning many teachers are leaning on technology tools for insight into how students are using technology during classtime, whether they are learning at home or in the classroom. Having access to this insight is...