With so many learning technologies available for today’s K-12 educators, it is important to understand what learning technology is worth investing in, how these technologies should be activated in a district, and what the most effective ways to maximize learning technology throughout its lifespan are. We’ve partnered with Jacob Standish, district-level IT Program Manager at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for our upcoming webinar: How To Maximize the Activation of Learning Technology on a District Level.
Jacob’s experience implementing and activating learning technologies across a large district like Charlotte-Mecklenburg lends great insight into the most effective ways to maximize the activation of learning technologies on a district level, with a larger technology team, and maintaining consistency in utilization with teachers.
This won’t be the first time the Dyknow team has worked with Jacob. We have worked with Jacob in various capacities to learn from his expertise in K-12 technology management in the past. His knowledge is so informative that we wanted to share what we’ve learned from previously working with him so that you feel confident joining us this Wednesday, October 9 @ 12:30 PM ET for our webinar.
3 things we learned from Jacob Standish in the past…
1. Charlotte-Mecklenburg uses technology to defeat distractions in the classroom, which makes activating other learning technologies go smoothly.
2. These tactics enabled Jacob to effectively roll out a 1:1 student device program.
3. Managing a large district can be difficult, but it’s important to maintain instructional consistency throughout the district.
Watch Dyknow’s NCTIES 2019 presentation with Jacob Standish on how Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools use technology to defeat student device distractions.
1. What to consider when choosing what learning technologies your district should invest in.
2. How to create an activation process in your district that works for multiple learning technologies and incorporate both technology coaches and teachers.
3. Once activated, how to ensure that learning technologies are being used effectively in the classroom, and evaluating their contribution to overall learning environments.
Learning technology is a huge investment that districts make to support an effective teaching environment. Understanding how to maximize the activation of these technologies is crucial to ensuring their success in adding to learning environments. Learn these tips and more this Wednesday, October 9th @ 12:30 PM ET. We hope to see you there!
Want to maximize the activation of learning technology
in your district?
Latest blog articles
We can all remember a time we let fear overpower our thoughts and actions. Sometimes all it takes to overcome this fear is some encouragement from those who believe in you. Author Tara Martin (@TaraMartinEDU) wrote her book, Cannonball In, based on a true story she...
Technology is advancing every day and students have the opportunity to get ahead with technology by immersing themselves in K-12 computer science curriculum. We recently sat down with Education Coach and Adjunct Professor, Jorge Valenzuela, to find out why K-12...
Growth mindset is a method that is talked about frequently in the context of education but is also widely applicable to people’s daily lives and personal growth. This school year is unique because teachers will be more willing to try new methods and technology in...